In my experience, summer semesters can be a whirlwind, and because their pace is so fast, they can be trickier to manage than fall and spring semester courses.
Here are a few quick tips that can help you stay on top of your summer semester courses in Bb so that you can be at the top of your academic game:
- Set your notification settings to receive notifications about exactly information you need. If you do this, you will have full control over what information you receive and how you receive it (Voicemail, SMS, and Email)
- Locate your Syllabus within your course and pay close attention to it! This one is a bit of a no-brainer, but your Syllabus is always one of your most important resources for successfully completing a course
- If professors assign you work within Bb, and there is a due date associated with that work, your Blackboard Calendar will automatically populate with assignment information for each individual class. Keep in mind, if your professor does not associate due dates with their assignments, you can easily add assignments and events to your Blackboard Calendar manually.
- Get more familiar with the "My Bb" tab to the right of the "Academics" tab. Here you will be able to quickly access your Bb information. This tab, if utilized properly, can keep you informed and save you a lot of time!
- Know your resources! Everybody needs help every now and then. If you know where to look, getting help is so much less frustrating!
- Su.edu/bb is the SU Bb information nexus! This is where you can find all the information you need to know to successfully function within Bb at Shenandoah University. Also, the System News page on this website is the best place to go if you want to see exactly what is new and urgent with the SU Bb environment.
- Work Orders are a great way to receive quick help! If you fill out a work order, make sure to provide as much information as possible. Here is some helpful information to try to always include in a work order:
- The browser you are using with the Browser version
- The operating system you are using w/ the operating system version
- A detailed description of the problem including when and where you experienced the issue
- The IC Help Desk is a phenomenal resource for getting help quickly when you need it the most. The Help Desk can be contacted in a variety of ways:
- Physically located in Howe Hall 211
- Phone: 540-665-5555 (This number is answered 24/7 so that you can even receive assistance after hours!)
- Fax 540-665-3487