The best part is, when it comes to notifications, you get to choose your level of involvement. Let's talk about how you can customize your notification settings:
- From "My Bb" click in the top right corner on your name
- A dropdown menu will appear, click "Settings"
- a sub-dropdown menu will appear, click "Personal Information" click "Edit Personal Information"
- Enter all relevant information including your mobile phone number (if you want to receive notifications via SMS). Make sure to click "Submit" when you are finished
- Go back to the third bullet location where you found "Personal Information." This time click "Edit Notification Settings."
From here you can fully customize your notification settings (including setting your phone up to receive SMS notifications and/or removing what notifications you think you'll be able to live without). There are certainly a lot of notification settings here, and it might require a little bit of time to perfect your notification scheme. Once your Blackboard notifications are customized to your liking, you will be able to receive only notifications you really want without any of the fluff.