Are you comfortable with the way your tech is working at this exact moment, so instead of updating, you prefer to forgo updates so nothing changes.
If you answered "Yes" you might have Updating Anxiety! Symptoms of Updating Anxiety include:
- Possession of vastly out of date operating systems.
- Barely functional browsers
- Increased vulnerability to security risks
- Difficult to troubleshoot problems
- Increased levels of frustration and stress regarding tech related issues
- Decreased productivity due to lower levels of functionality of apps and programs
Fear not! There is a solution, and it is just as easy as you might expect.
Once you meet your anxiety head-on, you're going to feel better about the technology you use on a day to day basis.
Here's a quick guide on how to update operating systems:
Updating Operating Systems
Mac OSX and Mac App updates:
- Click the "Apple" button on the top-left corner of the screen
- Click "About this Mac"
- Click "Software Update"
- Click on specific updates or just click "Update All"
- Click the "Start" button
- Type "Windows Update" in the "Search Programs and Files" field.
- On the left side of this screen, click "Check for Updates."
- Once the scan completes, install the updates.