Monday, March 24, 2014

Want to Push Files Between Devices? Pushbullet!


How often do you want a quick and easy way to take information from your computer and have it instantly on your phone or the other way around? If you are anything like me, then you are probably nodding your head saying, "All the time!"

Are you ashamed to admit that you still send emails to a spoof account with the attached photos you want on your phone so that you can access your sent folder and then retrieving those attachments from your email app? I'm here to tell you that you are not alone, and that there is a better way!

PushBullet is an amazing app/browser extension that allows you to seamlessly communicate between your devices. That's right, sending a message, web link, attachment, addresses, and lists are all just a button press away from being shared to your devices.

On your devices, you are going to need to go to your app store and download PushBullet and sign up using your gmail account. On your browser (Chrome/Firefox) add push bullet as an extension (for Chrome) or an Add-on (for Firefox) and then sign in, and you are ready to push information back and forth!

Bellow is a simple message I created in my browser and then pushed to my mobile phone:

Now that my phone has received the pushed message, here is a screen capture of what it looks like on my mobile phone:


 

1 comment:

  1. Would it be possible for someone to install this program on all the devices in my home? I would really like someone to help me integrate all of them. I saw something like this at my friend's business, they had all their tablets connected to a system control panel.

    Luke | http://www.activeex.com/index-2.html

    ReplyDelete