A few days ago I posted a blog about expanding the content editor, thus, I now assume that everybody is using the Content Editor to near its maximum potential! That's phenomenal, and congratulations to all of you!
Now it's time to head to the next level of Content Editor use. Are you ready to dust off those ol' Reebok Pumps, slap on a tacky sweat-band, and go for an entertaining stroll through some of the deeper recesses of the Bb Content Editor? Great, me too!
If you know of a relevant YouTube video that people should see in order to support an argument, defend a position, or supplement your content you can post it directly into the content editor along with your text!
Now that I've blown your mind with Content Editor awesomeness, let me explain to you exactly how this is done.
- Videos that already exist on YouTube and that are shared publicly can be brought into Blackboard by using the Youtube Mashup feature in the Content Editor. For example, if you would like to add Psy’s Gangnam Style to any area in Blackboard where you have access to the Content Editor you would simply take the following steps (these steps also work for videos you have made but have been listed as public):
- Go to the Content Editor and expand it
- Locate and click the Mashup Button on the bottom row on the left side of the formatting options.
- Locate and click the YouTube Video button in the drop down list that appears
- Search for your desired video and hit Select once you have found it
- Pay close attention to the available options locate and click “Submit”
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, and remember, use Blackboard better!