Friday, November 1, 2013

One Month of Traveling Blackboard Support

Today marks the end of the first month of Traveling Blackboard Support around Shenandoah University.  From the vibrant teeming energy of Ruebush hall to the far reaches of SU classrooms, NVC,  Traveling Blackboard Support has been able to reach users and assist them like never before!

Prior to the beginning of Traveling Bb Support, I was more or less relegated to the confines of my office, but now that I have been traveling throughout Shenandoah University, I get to see, first hand, how great our university is.  I also feel like I must mention how incredibly polite our students are.  I do not think I have ever had more doors opened for me in my entire life.

During my travels, I have spoken with students, coaches, staff members, and faculty.  Each individual user has taken a unique path in life, and yet all of them have ended up at Shenandoah University; similarly, each user has different online tasks to accomplish, yet they all use Blackboard.  Rarely do multiple users have the same goals and objectives to complete within Blackboard, but, like I have said time and time again, that's part of the beauty of Blackboard. Blackboard can support a huge variety of customization and variation to accommodate all of the different tasks that are required to make online learning organized and functional.

When it comes to Traveling Blackboard Support, the IC departments needs to modify one of SU's favorite quotes by John Wesley only slightly:  "Do all the good Bb support you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. At all the times you can. To all the people you can. As long as ever you can."





No comments:

Post a Comment