Thursday, March 22, 2012

My Second Day at the Roanoke Conference

 I'll admit it...I'm an app addict. I purchased my Ipad about a year ago and since then my wife has barred me from purchasing anything else from the apple store. She got very tired of seeing those countless .99 cent entries on our Discover Bill particularly the second month I had the Ipad and the .99 cent entries for the Month of April added up to...you ready for this? No lie... $106 and some change. That's really when she put her foot down.
So imagine my excitement today at the New Horizons Conference here in Roanoke when I noticed on the session schedule "60 apps in 60 minutes!". I just had to attend. And I am so glad I did. I was shown many very useful apps that I'll be sharing with you as the weeks go by and the good news (for my wife at least) is that they are free.
My greatest excitement came when the presenter got to an app called "Onlive Desktop". You have to check this one out...honest...you will be blown away. When you open it it is a Windows desktop WITH FULL FUNCTION WORKING MS WORD, MS EXCEL, and MS POWERPOINT!! Tired of trying to figure out "Pages" on your Ipad or Ipod? Go back to what you're used to MS Word.
Here's what you need to do...first go to http://desktop.onlive.com and signup. Again it's free and only takes about 10 seconds to sign up. Then simply download the app and run it. You will be amazed. Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment