Using Mac OS X, users may not be able to see the horizontal scroll bar when viewing the Bb Grade Center or other applications. It will appear there are only a few columns with no way to get to the rest of the columns. This is caused by a change in the default behavior of scroll bars in OS X starting with Lion. Current browsers (Safari 6.05, Firefox 24, Chrome 29) will not display the horizontal scroll bars. This is also a problem with some browsers on Windows XP and Windows 7.
So in short, the website you are accessing is not having a problem. The current browsers are now embracing your system preferences. Below are some ways to fix the issue should you encounter it.
To fix this on Mac OS X:
- Open System Preferences, either from the Dock or from the Apple menu.
- In the System Preferences, select the General preference pane.
- The middle section of the General preference pane controls when scroll bars appear.
- Select "Always" from the Show Scroll Bars options.
- Control Panel -> Display Properties.
- Click on the Appearance tab and select the Advanced button.
- Select the Scroll Bar from the item drop down list and change the setting to 19.
- Control Panel [Windows Start Button > Control Panel].
- Under Appearance and Personalization, click Change the theme.
- Click Window Color and then click Advanced appearance settings. In the Item: drop-down list, choose Scrollbar and select a number less than 20 from the Size: option (17 is the default value).
- Click OK.