Web Help Desk is ticket tracking software used by Shenandoah University. Web Help Desk offers students, staff, and faculty a simple interface to submit IC requests, view updates on previous requests, and self-serve with an FAQ Knowledge Base. You need only a web browser to utilize Web Help Desk; no flash or other plug-ins are required. Remote access from any location is possible by anyone with an internet connection and a web browser. The system creates “tickets” which in essence are work orders that can be updated by the user (students, faculty, & staff) and technicians (IC).
To report an issue to Institutional Computing (IC):
- Go to https://workorder.su.edu
- Login with your SUnet Username and Password
- From the Help Desk page, select the correct Request Type in the drop-down list
- From the second Request Type dropdown, select the correct Request Item
- From the third Request Type dropdown, select the type of Help Needed
- Enter all applicable fields, including Subject, Request Detail, and Location. In the Request Detail section, please include specific information about your issue, including where and when the issue occurred, what you need fixed, and the time sensitivity of the issue
- Please select the correct Asset under, My Assets
- When you have entered all the necessary information for the ticket, choose Save at the bottom of the page
There is also a direct link to Web Help Desk with the Tool panel on Blackbaord (Bb) Learn.
If you have any questions about Web Help Desk, please contact the Help Desk staff at 540-665-5555 or via email at email@example.com.